Upcoming Events and Opportunities
Do a Dinner that Grows
Do a Dinner that Grows is a host-your-own-event campaign and an incredible opportunity for individuals and community members to generate awareness and support FMM in improving the health and lives of Manitobans.
You are invited to host your own “dinner that grows” to bring together friends or family to share food and ideas and raise money for good food projects across our province!
We have created a comprehensive Do a Dinner that Grows Booklet that contains all of the tools you will need to plan a successful and scrumptious dinner event.
- Dinner that Grows booklet: a complete guide to planning and preparing your event
- Dinner that Grows invitation: a ready-to-send invite for you to give to your guests (download to edit invitation for sending by email)
- Local Food Stores: a list of some of the stores you can visit to purchase local ingredients
- Recipes from local families, farmers and experts for you to try out at your event:
- Greek Oregano Inspired Salad
- Wild Rice Cranberry Pecan Salad
- Red Lentil Soup
- Plum, Sage, and Caramelized Onion Pizza
- Healthy Homemade Chicken Nuggets
- Grass-Fed Meat Pies
- Rhubarb Snacking Cake
- Triple Chocolate Mint Brownies
- Strawberry Ice Cream
Unable to Do a Dinner? Consider making a donation directly to Food Matters Manitoba! Donating is easy and rewarding. Visit our donations page for more information.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions regarding Do a Dinner - we appreciate your support for good food in Manitoba.