Food Matters Manitoba is seeking a full-time permanent position (37.5 hours per week) Northern Facilitator. Reporting to the Northern Coordinator/Manager the Northern Facilitator will assist with community food initiatives throughout Northern Manitoba, liaise with community partners, engage program participants, and support evaluation and promotion of program activities.
Collaborate with the Northern Coordinator/Manager to:
- Support community food initiatives and coordinate program activities
- Coordinate purchasing and shipping of materials to communities
- Refine program and resource delivery systems
- Nurture and establish strong relationships with Northern partners to enhance program implementation
- Liaise with partners to coordinate program logistics and facilitate participation in Food Matters Manitoba’s programming, events, and evaluation
- Identify and enable mentorship and training opportunities for community members
- Contribute to knowledge sharing activities both within Food Matters Manitoba and communities
- Assist with gathering stories & photos of activities for Northern Sun newsletter, grant reporting, and other promotional projects
- Share program stories and celebrate community successes through engaging in promotional events
- Identify promotional and funding opportunities for FMM and the Northern Partnerships program
- Support Northern and Development Coordinators/Managers with grant applications, as necessary
- Identify opportunities for collaboration with other staff and programs at Food Matters Manitoba
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain files and records in accordance with Food Matters Manitoba policy
- Assist with other projects and tasks as requested
- Participate in Food Matters Manitoba staff working groups
- Participate in Food Matters Manitoba staff meetings
This position is based in Winnipeg, with occasional travel to program sites throughout Manitoba being a requirement. Consideration for remote employment will be applied if travel requirements can be fulfilled. Overtime is approved if it is required during travel.
- Knowledge of traditional harvesting, food production, agriculture, food systems
- Knowledge of and experience working in Northern communities
- Skills, knowledge and experience in food security and/or food programs
- Commitment to working with a diverse Food Matters Manitoba staff team
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines
Work week: 37.5 hours per week
Wage: $19 – $22 / hour
Thank you for your interest. Please forward you resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject Line: Northern Facilitator). The posting is open until filled. Exact start date to be negotiated.
Food Matters Manitoba strives to be a safe and accessible workplace that celebrates diversity and represents the community in which we live and work. We encourage individuals from equity-seeking groups to apply for the position. Please note that our offices are currently located in a split level-building with no mobility lift or ramp.